1. About Us
2. Effective Date and Scope
3. Personal Information We Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you or that could be combined by us or our service providers and affiliates with other information to identify you. We collect and process some or all of the following categories of Personal Information from you during your use of the Website or our online Services or in conducting any business relationship with you:
1. Personal Information You Provide When Filling Out Our Forms. This Personal Information includes your name, personal or business e-mail address, your work and/or home telephone number, your personal or work cellphone number, your work function or title, and other similar information you may choose to provide us. We collect Personal Information from you when you create a Services account, make a purchase, apply to a job opening, communicate with us using our web forms to make a request or ask a question, submit a product review, take a survey, or otherwise submit Personal Information to us.
2. Analytical Details of Your Visit to the Website or our Online Services. This includes information about whether you have opened our promotional e-mails or how you have used our Website or online Services, which may constitute Personal Information. We may also collect Personal Information automatically when you visit our Website or online Services, such as information about your browser settings and other information collected through Cookies. For more information on cookies, see the “Cookies” section below.
3. Personal Information Collected via our Online Services. In order to provide our online Services, we need to collect the following Personal Information. We collect account login information for all of our online Services (“Account Information”). Account Information consists of a first and last name, a profile picture, a preferred language, a business email address, a city and province/state of residence, and a company name. We also collect basic employment related information about you, such as your employee identification number, hire date and job title. For our career planning online service, we collect the following types of Personal Information in order to provide that service: education history, employment history, continuing education courses completed, professional certifications, knowledge assessments, competency/proficiency assessments, language assessments, career goals, desired career pathways, goal-related comments. We also collect and generate other account-related information, such as your account types, account status, login attempts, and the last IP address used by you to log into our online Services. Account Information, career planning-related personal information, and basic employment-related information may be submitted to us directly by you or, in the case of End Users, indirectly by a Client, such as an organization for which you work as an employee or contractor. Generally, End User Personal Information will be provided to us by the person who your organization has designated as the administrator for your organization’s use of our online Services. However, other people in your organization who are authorized users of our online Services may also provide us with End User Personal Information through their use of the online Services. For example, your manager may provide comments about you in a goal. When End User Account Information, career planning-related Personal Information, and/or basic employment-related Personal Information is submitted to us about you by an organization, it is that organization’s obligation to obtain your consent for such disclosures.
4. Personal Information You Provide when Applying to Work with Us. If you would like to work with us and submit hiring materials to us (either directly or though a third-party service or recruiter), we collect any Personal Information in your hiring materials, such as your resume, cover letter, transcripts, or certifications. If you submit hiring materials to us, we ask you to only include information relevant to the position you’re applying for, and your employment history and education (including, without limitation, certifications and/or degrees obtained, previous work experience, relevant awards, etc.). Please note that any Personal Information you submit to us through a third-party service or recruiter will be subject to the privacy practices of those entities. If you are a current HRSG employee, please contact us for more information on how your employee information is collected and processed.
5. Assessment and Survey Data. We collect certain Personal Information related to your creation of or taking of surveys or assessments through our online Services. This information includes your answers, your name, your job position, comments, and scores.
6. Activity Information. We may also collect information related to your activity when creating surveys, assessments, and goals using the Services. For example, the name of the creator, as well as the dates of creation or closing of such surveys, assessments, and/or goals. Personal Information from your account, provided by you or by your organization’s administrator, may be used to automatically populate other sections of our online Services. For example, your manager’s name and your name and profile picture are automatically populated when providing you with requested career path information.
8. Personalized Offers and Web Analytics. We also automatically collect information when you visit our Website in order to customize your experience. For example, we collect information about what site referred you to our website, your browser type, operating system type and version, language, and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We also collect information about how you browse through our Website and online Services, including logging the pages you visit and the amount of time you spend on certain pages. We use this information for several technical purposes to ensure that our pages load correctly in your browser, as well as to personalize our offers to you. We also use this information to improve our Website and/or online Services.
a. we use IP addresses to correct pages for your geographical location;
b. we log the frequency of visits to certain pages on our Website and/or online Services and how visitors navigate through our Website and/or online Services to detect problems, improve our Website and/or online Services, and learn about what products and services are of interest to our customers; and
c. we track whether certain types of promotional e-mails were opened by you and whether you sought information about a particular product or service in order to make inferences about other products and services you might be interested in.
4. Personal Information from Other Sources
We receive Personal Information about you from other sources. For example, we receive information and data from third party sources and service providers when you have allowed them to share such information with us.
5. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our products and services, manage our business operations, manage our business relationships with our Clients, communicate with you, analyze how people use our Website and/or online Services, and as required by law or security, specifically for the following purposes:
• to register you for an account for our online Services;
• to authenticate you when you log into your account for our online Services, to provide customer support, and to operate and maintain the online Services. For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your Account Information to identify you to other users of the online Services;
• to fulfill your requests for products and/or services or information about our products and/or Services;
• to communicate with you about your requests, including where you have requested a demo of our products and/or Services;
• to recommend or to offer you other products and/or services based on your inferred interests and to communicate with you and provide news or information about us, where you have expressly consented to receive such recommendations, offers, or communications;
• to respond to comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
• conduct business and contractual relationships that we have with various persons and companies (such as customers, suppliers, resale channels, employees and contractors);
• to verify identities for the purposes of complying with know-your-customer laws and regulations, economic sanctions laws and regulations and other similar laws and regulations;
• to measure Website and online Services’ use and improve Website and online Services’ content and operation;
• to protect the security or integrity of our Website, online Services, and our business and to monitor the Website and online Services for suspicious activity and to identify violations of our Website and online Services policies;
• to send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• to enforce our terms and conditions and other contractual rights;
• as required or permitted by law;
• to prevent damage to property, bodily injury and/or death;
• to ensure and protect the security or integrity of our users, our Website and online Services, the public, or other third parties;
• in order to participate in or be the subject of any financing, sale, merger, acquisition, restructuring, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including due diligence activities in respect to any such transactions); and
• for other purposes which we will notify you about and seek your consent.
We retain personal information provided by you or End User Personal Information provided about you by the applicable Client’s administrator and/or collected through your and the Client’s use of the online Services for as long as required for the identified purposes for which such Personal Information was collected. We will also retain and use your Personal Information as necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements. Personal Information may be retained for up to sixty (60) days following the end of our relationship with you or as may be necessary to comply with applicable laws, resolve disputes, and/or enforce our agreements. If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your Personal Information and the content you have provided will remain to allow other users to make full use of the online Services. For example, where you have provided a rating or comment about another person in your organization, those comments and ratings will remain and such other person and the organization will still have the ability to access and view such comments and ratings.
If you have consented to our use of your Personal Information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your Personal Information because we have a legitimate right to do so, you have the right to object to that use, however, in some cases, this may mean you can no longer use our Website and/or online Services.
6. Cookies and Analytics Tools
Our Website and online Services use small pixel files (small images) and Cookies (small text files) to keep track of your browser so that you will be recognized when you re-visit our Website or online Services or when you visit other websites where our third-party ad management providers may show you advertisements from us based on your visit to our Website. Some of these advertisements may be customized to particular products and services that you viewed or they may be based on inferences about products and services that you might be interested in. This is called interest-based advertising.
A “Cookie” is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use analytics tools and other third-party technologies, such as Google Analytics and/or DoubleClick cookies, to collect personal and non-personal information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use our Website and/or online Services.
These tools and technologies collect and analyze certain types of information (which can include personal information), including Cookies, IP addresses, device, and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC address, mobile unique device identifier, and other similar information.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines and Restrictions.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page and, if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by Cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
7. How Do We Disclose Your Personal Information toOthers?
We may share your Personal Information with our service providers and our corporate affiliates that help us with our business operations. For additional information, please see our list of sub-processors at: https://www.hrsg.ca/dpa-subprocessors-quinto
Service Providers. We use third-party service providers or affiliates who provide us with marketing, promotional and other business services (such as customer relationship management capabilities or payment processing) and who help us with providing our Website and online Services to you (such as hosting and email distribution services). If a service provider or affiliate needs to access information about you to perform services on our behalf, they do so under close instruction from us, including contractual requirements, policies and procedures designed to protect your Personal Information.
Compliance and Enforcement: We may disclose Personal Information to a third party where we reasonably believe that the sharing of the Personal Information is necessary to (a) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental requests (for example, in response to subpoenas, civil investigative demands, or similar processes, or in connection with know-your customer requirements or for export and economic sanctions-related compliance); (b) enforce our agreements, policies, and/or Terms of Service; (c) protect the security of our Website and/or the online Services and/or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or (d) prevent damage to property, bodily injury and/or death.
Merger or Sale. We may transfer any Personal Information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our business. The foregoing disclosures of Personal Information include for due diligence activities in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of our business. We may also disclose your Personal Information if it is necessary for us to collect a debt from you or where we have reason to believe that it is relevant to the investigation or decision to investigate a breach of the laws of Canada, a province or territory of Canada, or a foreign jurisdiction, and we are legally permitted to do so.
Other Users. We may also share some of your Personal Information with other users of our online Services. For example, you may provide content that can be shared publicly with other users as part of the intended uses of the online Services. Depending on the capabilities of the online Services used by you and your organization, this may include content that you have granted permission for other Services users to see, like your picture for the purpose of identifying you to other users, personal logs shared with a manager or other specified employee, or your name and position associated with a job in the career path capabilities provided by the online Services. Where registration for the Services is done on your behalf by an administrator designated by your organization, information about you, including your Account Information and employment details are accessible by that administrator. Your comments provided in an area accessible by both you and another user or other users will appear to that other user or those other users without you having to grant express permission.
8. Protecting Your Personal Information
We take administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, theft, and misuse. These measures include confidentiality agreements with employees and contractors, firewalls, Secure Sockets Layer protocol, usernames, and passwords. We take physical precautions to ensure that the computer servers on which your Personal Information is stored and archived are secure and that access to such servers is protected.
Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your Personal Information and no website or online service is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur. Accordingly, you should not transmit Personal Information to us using our Website or online Services if you consider that information to be sensitive.
9. Storage Outside of Canada
Your Personal Information may be used or stored by us or our service providers and our corporate affiliates outside of Canada. We require that our service providers and corporate affiliates safeguard your Personal Information. You acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be accessible to law enforcement and governmental agencies in Canada and the United States and other jurisdictions under lawful access regimes or court orders. For the location of the various sub-processors used by us, please see our list of sub-processors at: https://www.hrsg.ca/dpa-subprocessors-quinto. If you reside in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, we will only transfer your Personal Information outside of your jurisdiction in accordance with applicable European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Swiss law.
10. Your Rights
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you to verify its accuracy, to have a general account of our uses of your Personal Information, and to correct your Personal Information as appropriate. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant Personal Information available to you. In such cases, we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request.
You have the right to ask us to remove your Personal Information from our databases, and we will do so to the best of our ability, but it may not be possible to completely delete all of your Personal Information due to technological and legal constraints (for example, when your Personal Information pertains to another Services user).
We will make every reasonable effort to respond to your requests in a timely manner in accordance with applicable laws.
Residents of the EEU, UK or Switzerland
If you are resident of the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, you may be entitled to several other important rights with respect to your Personal Information. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information below in Section 11. If you have unresolved concerns, you may have the right to complain to a data protection authority in the country where you live, where you work or where you feel your rights were infringed.
Residents of California
If you are resident in California, you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the “CCPA”). For more details about the Personal Information we have collected about you over the last twelve (12) months, please see the “Personal Information that We Collect” section above. We collect this Personal Information for the commercial purposes described above.
Subject to applicability and certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect about them (including how we use and disclose this personal information), to delete their personal information, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at the contact information below. We will verify your request using the information (including personal information) associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
HRSG as Sub-Processor
11. How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy question or concern, or wish to exercise your rights with respect to your Personal Information, please contact us at:
6 Antares Drive, Phase I, Unit 8- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2E 8A9
12. Links to Third-Party Websites and Social NetworkPlug-Ins